Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Sausage & Apple Bake

Autumn is by far, my absolute favorite season!  Every year, once September 1st rolls around, I pack away all of the summer decor, and I pull out all of my autumn things.  My house quickly turns from bright colors and floral scents, to burlap and mulled cider.   And as the weather starts to cool down, there are certain recipes that I feel best represent not only the onset of autumn, but that final stretch of harvesting crops from my garden.  My mom's Sausage & Apple Bake......that is one of those recipes.

Sausage & Apple Bake
Ingredients:
3 apples (I used Gala)
2 lbs. sausage
2 sweet potatoes
2 onions
2 1/2 tbsp. canola oil
1/2 tsp. sage
1/2 tsp. thyme

Directions
Wash and peel your sweet potatoes.  Preheat your oven to 375 degrees (F).  Chop up your sweet potatoes into 1/2 - 1 inch cubes.  Drizzle with 1/2 tbsp. canola oil, place into a baking dish, and bake for approx. 10 - 15 minutes.  As the potatoes are baking, wash and dry your apples.  Chop up the apples, onions, and sausage into 1/2 - 1 inch chucks  In a bowl, mix the remaining oil, seasoning, and your chopped items.  Pour into a baking dish and bake for 30 - 45 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked through.  

No comments:

Post a Comment