Friday, March 27, 2015

Grapefruits and Chickens

My fight to have the right to raise chickens is really starting to come together!  I've had people reach out to me that want the same thing, I've researched urban chicken keeping and ordinances from neighboring cities, talked to my chicken-loving-country-boy-alderman, and even drafted a potential ordinance change.  Yep, busy, busy, busy!  So busy that I didn't even notice that my 4 year old son ate my grapefruit I had prepared as a snack!  Don't worry, he got me a new one (see, he even cut it up with a butter knife!).  Anyways, my alderman invited me and my fellow chicken lovers to the next board meeting to present our proposal.......we had planned on attending anyways, but now they know we're coming!  It's such a relief that my alderman also would like the right to raise chickens.  I'm trying to not get too excited though, because there are eight alderman that have to vote, when and if it comes up for a vote........and potentially the non-chicken-loving-mayor (if it's a tie).  But for now, I'm going to be positive and pray that change is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment