Friday, April 17, 2015

Please.....let me do your chores for you.

This morning my daughter came walking into my room complaining she had no clean pants.  Have you put all of your dirty laundry in the laundry basket?  No?  Then that's your problem sweetheart!  The look on my daughter's face was priceless.  It was a combination of shock and disgust.  How was it possibly my fault that she failed to do her chores and clean her room?  My daughter is 10.  10!  At what age is it supposed to click for her?  I have recently taught her how to do laundry, and with supervision, she can do it pretty well.....except the folding part.  I'm considering letting her sink or fail on this one....maybe I'll just put her in charge of her own laundry.  Why haven't I?  Teamwork.  We work together.  I clean some things that you may have messed up, and you clean some things I may have messed up.  I'm pretty sure I made her feel bad as she walked out the door though....I told her that while she was at school, I'd be busy doing her chores before I could start on mine.  What made the chore thing click with your kid?

No comments:

Post a Comment