Monday, August 15, 2016

Kids are back in school!

"What's this? What's this?
No children everywhere,
What's this?
No yelling for them to share,
What's this?
I can't believe my eyes,
I must be dreaming,
Wake up, Mom their gone I swear,
What's this?"

Our start to the school year was actually last Thursday.  I know what you're thinking....Thursday?  What the heck?  I don't bother asking how they figure these start dates out anymore!  This year my daughter started 6th grade, and my son.....my baby.....started kindergarten.  Ladies and gents, this is the first time, in 6 years, that I have been able to put the kids on the bus, and just breathe.  Last week I was so busy, that I didn't get to enjoy the fact that I was absolutely alone.  Alone!  Sorry, I just had to say it again!  I've got a list of things I plan on accomplishing this school year now that both kids are gone for almost 8 hours Monday - Friday.  First on my list, take advantage of being able to clean my house, without a child right behind me messing it up.  I know putting a kid into kindergarten can be stressful for a lot of moms, and truthfully, I was nervous that first day, but now, now I can finally breathe!  What are your plans now that the kids are going back to school?

No comments:

Post a Comment