Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Stuffed Pork Tenderloin

You know, sometimes you just have to wrap things in bacon!  And I did just that.  Not too long ago, we have our first 50 degree evening since Spring (yay Fall!).  So naturally, I felt it was time to roast some butternut squash (which is one of only 2 types of squash I can get the kids to actually eat and enjoy).  As much as I would be fine with just eating squash for dinner....my family has this thing where they require nourishment through different types of foods (heathens!).  So alas, the bacon I was going to cook with the squash ended up wrapped around my pork.  The fun didn't stop there....oh no.  The best thing you can ever do for those you love, is stuff your pork with delicious goodies!  Not gonna lie, I started out with the cream cheese (I've been eating a lot of cream cheese/bacon wrapped jalapenos lately).  Then cam the bourbon, raisins, apples, and walnuts.  I mixed the cream cheese with those ingredients, and set them aside.  I then took my pork tenderloin, and began slicing it while I rolled it out.  I placed the pork between two pieces of plastic wrap, and pounded it out.  After I removed the top piece of plastic wrap, I sprinkled salt, pepper, and sage over the top of the pork, and then spread the cream cheese mixture all over it.  Then you grab one side, and begin rolling back up.  Usually I will secure the meat so it won't unroll, but the bacon actually held it together once I wrapped it around the tenderloin.  I placed the pork in my baking dish.  Then I got to chopping up my squash.  Make sure you chop your pieces into large chunks since it will be cooking a while (if you want smaller chunks, add it to your dish after it has been in the oven for 25 minutes).  The only thing I put on my squash was salt, pepper, and maple syrup (make sure to toss together first)!  Bake at 375 degrees (F) for 40 minutes, or until 160 degrees (F).  Slice and serve with the delicious squash!

Ingredients
Pork tenderloin
5-6 pieces of bacon
2 tbsp. of bourbon
1/8 cup of raisins
1 apple chopped up
1/8 cup of walnuts
1/2 box of cream cheese
1 tsp. of sage
Salt and Pepper
Butternut squash
2 tbsp. of maple syrup
 

No comments:

Post a Comment